July 24, 2020
- According to regulators, products may contain dangerous levels of methanol.
- Methanol can lead to blindness, hospitalization, and death.
- Many of these products are widely available in Walmart and other large retailers.
- The coronavirus pandemic triggered more production of hand sanitizers and led to form new brands onto the market.
- The FDA identified 77 of these products that consumers should avoid.
- When methanol penetrates through the skin, it can be toxic. Methanol can also cause blindness and fatal when ingested.
- The products are mislabeled and consumers would not be able to tell if it contains methanol or not.
- The list of recalled hand sanitizer products can be found here.
- The products are manufactured by different companies and most of them came from Mexico.
- Blumen brand hand sanitizer is one of the recalled products.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Costco and Walmart are some of the retailers that carry these products.
- The FDA also warned about products that claimed to be “FDA-approved.”
Keywords: blumen hand sanitizer, blumen recall, fda recall sanitizer, hand sanitizer recall 2020